1.29.2012

yummy yummy cheesecake......

Transfer Day!

Started out about 4am.... continuously waking up every 30 minutes. I kept thinking I was running late. I was so worried about being late and missing our most important appointment yet! I finally got up about 6am and got Emma ready for school. She wanted kolaches for breakfast, so I got the kids loaded up and treated my little princess to Donut Hole. Dropped both of them off and headed back home to get ready in a scurry.... because if you know me, I do things at the last minute... guilty.

A & I got to Houston just in time for her to spoil me to The Cheesecake Factory.
The food was delicious. So delicious, we had to get a picture of it. ;)



 
We then headed out to the Dr.'s office. As soon we got there, the nurse called us back. They made me come with a full bladder, but didn't expect me to have such a full bladder that I couldn't sit down, so I fixed that. Then they moved me to the procedure room, did a quick ultrasound, signed necessary papers, drew some blood, and administered IV Valium. It was all peachy after that ;) Could care less what they were doing. I was having fun in my own little world spinning in circles, starring at the ceiling, feeling the need to giggle, but didn't because I didn't want anyone to ask what I was giggling at, seeing as I wouldn't have an answer. lol!

We transferred 2 beautiful embryos. Both were tested and had not had any indications of having A's NF2. They wheeled me into recovery, where I had to lay for 30 minutes. I ended up passing out and (as A & J say) I snored. But I don't think I did...... I blame it on the Valium.



Went back to the hotel where A & I stayed the rest of the night, posted up in the bed, only getting up to use the bathroom. I was waited on hand and foot and it was nice.


Now, the wait is on. February 10th I am scheduled to go back for our blood test. At this current time (if the embryos take) I am considered 2 weeks along. If we get a positive on Feb 10th, it will mark my 4 weeks pregnant! Fingers crossed......

1 comment:

  1. Christy - so thankful that you are sharing this journey with 'me' and everyone else who has hopped on board. What a wonderful gift for Baby Sherrick's mommy and daddy to share with him/her one day. Need something, you have but to ask. Morning sickness gets you down and you need a mommy's day in bed - I'll come get Lane, sacrifice I am willing to make. ;o) Love you sweetie and very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete