1.23.2012

It's getting sooooo close!

The week has finally come. The week when I find sitters for my kids. The week that I have to crack down on housecleaning. The week that I start a whole new set of meds. THE WEEK OF TRANSFER!

It has been a busy week for A so far, and it will be a busy week for me in a few days. A went to Dr. S on Sunday and got her eggs retrieved. They were able to pull out 17. And by that night 11 of them had matured, been insemenated, and were considered little embryos. The wait now is on the cell devision of the embryos. Dr. S will transfer 2 of the embryos to me on Friday if cell division is good. If the embryos mature faster then we think, then they will move transfer date. I spoke with A on and off the last couple of days. She was to be on bed rest for 24 hours.....ummm... if you know A, she doesnt bed or rest. She has to be up doing something. But she did relax until she had 2 hours left of bed rest and then she was up and picking up house. Next time the Dr orders bed rest, I will go hog tie her and make her rest!  Me? psh, I am going to buy a bell to accomodate my bed rest ;)

This past week I was a nervous wreck. If you know me well, you know I don't like to feel defeated or weak. So, I never verbalized these feelings with anyone, even the hubby. I just wanted to deal with them solo. But thats not the case, because I turned to prayer. And I am so glad I did. I was having crazy hormonal feelings (probably from all these meds), and I was just soooo nervous because the transfer was coming so soon, so fast. It was all really happening. After the transfer, everything is out of my control. You hope, wish, pray, everything will be okay, but no one really knows the future, and what God has in store for us. After lots of nervousness and prayer, I turned it all over to God. I put it in his hands. I prayed that his will be done, and that I will follow it, whatever it may be. Yesterday, I felt a calmness. Total relaxation. I was done worrying, done being nervous. I put it in Gods hand and I have faith that he will protect me and this pregnancy and J& A, and I just have a really GREAT feeling that this is exactly what I was meant to do. My feelings from the very get go of this surrogacy were recomfirmed. This is what God wants me to do. And because I am listening to him, he will protect us.

I will keep updating everyone as we hear from the embryologist, and update you on how we are doing after transfer. Thank you for everyones words of encouragement, and most of all, your support. This is the time when everyone of us needs support. Especially J & A. They are so invested in this process, emotionally and financially. I want to request the prayers to be about them. They need lots of them. This transfer is one step closer to creating the family for them, that we all experience on a daily basis. And if anyone deserves a child, its them.

Thanks again and love you all!

1 comment:

  1. My special Christy girl, your post really touched me. Remember, God's gracious hand is upon you, your family, and A and her family. Because you have trusted Him, have faith in Him, and are calm that His will be done, His favor rests upon you.

    I love you,
    your fav mom

    ReplyDelete