Yep, you read that title correctly...... U/S confirmed both babies have directed themselves head down and this surro could not be happier. IF they stay this way, we can attempt a vaginal birth. YAY!!!!
For most of you that personally know me, I have stressed about a section for.....well, almost the entire pregnancy since finding out I was carrying twins. Some days I would realize how rediculous my worries were and just forget about it, but most of the days I would twiddle my thumbs and constantly imagine my arms being tied down to the table, nausea overflowing, barfing in an bag where everyone is watching, and slowly having a scapel slicing my stomach open.... not just my stomach, but multiple layers of my abdomen. Then on top of all that, knowing after the babies are delivered, my uterus gets taken OUTSIDE MY BODY to be sewn up. Ok I will stop. But I bet you never invisioned a section like that..... I do. The anxiety I feel when thinking about it reaches my eyeballs and it makes me feel like I am drowning.
All that anxiety quickly left when we saw our perinatologist last week for our monthly ultrasounds. He confirmed baby B (Boy), who may I add has been transverse (side ways) the entire pregnancy, decided he would settle head down right next to his sister.
A couple weeks ago, we took a few maternity photos for A & J...... Sharing one with you now. These fabulous pictures were taken by Danielle Brasher. Her work is outstanding and she really racked her brain to try to make these photos special for everyone involved. You can view more of her work on her blog CLICK HERE.
A couple weeks ago, we took a few maternity photos for A & J...... Sharing one with you now. These fabulous pictures were taken by Danielle Brasher. Her work is outstanding and she really racked her brain to try to make these photos special for everyone involved. You can view more of her work on her blog CLICK HERE.
The popular question lately has been, "How are you feeling". If you are one that has asked me recently, you probably received an answer similar to "I feel great! Just a few more weeks to go!". This is true, I have felt great, and in all reality I have no reason to complain because this pregnancy has been so flawless. There are days when I feel at my prime. Housework gets done, errands get ran, kids get fed.....hehehe. But then there are days when I am out of breath, feet are sore, nighttimes are uncomfortable, bones are hurting, back is aching and all I want to do it get on my hands and knees and beg to be induced right then and there. I know thats not possible, but I can dream, right? But in all reality, I have been blessed to be able to carry out this pregnancy for A & J and not have to worry about bed rest, or frequent trips to the hospital for different problems rising.
This week marks the 33 week goal. Here is a picture of what a twin pregnancy looks like at 32 weeks.
All you women pregnant with single babies and think bathrooms are frequent in your household, they are REDICULOUS here. A few nights ago, I counted 8 times I got up to use the restroom between 11pm and 7am. Needless to say that I am ready for a bit of sleep. (thats the plus side of surrogacy...... I dont have to take newborns home, SCORE!)
We saw Dr. C, my OB, and she is starting to see us weekly now with NST's every week as well. A NST is a non-stress test. They pretty much just hook you up to a TOCO and a heartbeat monitor to record any type of contractions you may be having (if I am having some and not noticing them) and if the babies are handling them as well. For the record, I am NOT contracting, (that I feel anyways). I do have random braxton hicks here and there. Mostly when I feel like I am superwoman and can do anything, I quickly get put back in my place!
Oh, did I mention before that the babies have a name, but the parents are not sharing them until the birth? Baby A, the girl, starts with an A. Baby B, the boy, starts with an O. I am guessing Avery and Owen. She swears up and down that I am wrong, but those are my guesses...... Anyone want to chime in to what they think??


A - Abigail
ReplyDeleteO - Oliver