I was just sending my dear friend a link to my blog and realized it has been 2 months since I have updated everyone. Sorry about that. My sincere apologies.... It seems to be quite hectic around my household.
This week I am 24 weeks! (GAH LEE!). And I am every bit of showing it. My weekly email update shows me that each baby is weighing a little over a pound and is 12 inches in length! HELLO! I am sharring a picture of my belly I took recently for A, and it just shows you how big the babies are growing! I have been having quite a bit of cravings. From Marble Slab, to Japanese food, to snocones. When does it ever end? But atleast I am eating good ;)
THe babies are very prominent in their movement now. A got to come over last week and feel the babies move. Its tricky finding the right time to catch them moving since they are mainly active around 11pm and 6am. But we got to poke and feel around when she was here. Lane and Emma were sitting nearby when we were poking around and Lane leaned over and blew on my belly and made a farting noise, looked up at us and just laughed. It was hilarious! Oh that boy has some character!
We are going to the Perinatologist every month to get an extensive u/s on each baby. They just want to make sure growth and blood supply is normal. Its a great chance for A and J to get to see them! I know that u/s are an important part in this journey for them since they are not able to be active in the pregnancy on an every day basis. See A's face light up at each u/s makes me remember why I chose this route from the beginning.
A & J have came up with names for both babies.... but it seems that don't want to share with anyone (even me!) until the delivery..... PARTY FOUL! Just kidding! I know that is something special that can be held between the 2 of them until the babies arrive.
We had A's baby shower a few weeks ago. I know she was registered at certain places, but I wanted my gift to her to be special..... I just couldn't find what I wanted to give her. I was getting so frustrated with the decision, that I just grabbed a couple bouncers on her registry and was just going to be done with it. I rounded the corner and saw it. The perfect gift. Quickly threw back the bouncers and headed to the check out counter.... a belly cast. It was perfect. An every day reminder to her of her babies and their healthy growth ;)
I didn't tell Emma what we were doing that night. She was in my room watching her "quiet movie", came out and walked into the kitchen, as I am standing on a plastic bag (with only undies on) and josh is plastering white newspaper strips to my stomach. I laughed so hard my cast started disconnecting from my belly. It turned out great though.
So the next night, I was painting the cast, and because I thought brown and gold would look great in A's house, I painted the entire belly cast chocolate brown. (my intention was to paint the belly brown and have 2 gold hearts). EPIC FAIL. I was so proud of my paint job, until I showed it to Josh and he blankly starred at me like I was crazy. I asked him what he thought and he bluntly replied "it looks like your a black surrogate". (that was in no way directed rudely towards black people). I was so dissapointed in myself for not every thinking of that! I quickly went into the kitchen and repainted the entire cast white again and finished with blue and pink hearts. Each heart is directly where the babies are sitting. Baby B is on top, a little to the left. Baby A is on the bottom, a bit to the right. They move around quite a bit and ball up in different sides, but thats mainly where I noticed they stay comfortable.
Promise I won't wait 2 months to update again ;)


I was starting to think you forgot about those of us following your journey. :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't forget!!!! Sorry ;) Time got the best of me.
ReplyDeleteI LOOOOOVE the belly cast idea! I just might steal! :) lol
ReplyDelete